Friday, April 1, 2011

Kudos earned and Thanks given

Yesterday, I told you that I finished book 9 The Game and Gadiumtan.  Well, I knew exactly what image I needed for the cover art, but I didn't have it.  Since all of my book covers are my own work, I was in a fix.  For me to get the photo I needed, I was going to have to drive to Colorado.  But a friend from facebook named Dr. Lawrence Erdile saved me.  He recently went to Mesa Verde and had some beautiful photos that he offered to share with me.  I took one of them and created a painting based on his photo.  So instead of having to wait weeks before I could get that picture, the book was submitted today for publishing.
    As a side note, several of my grandchildren asked to be included in my next book.  I have more grandchildren than would fit into this novel.  But the following characters have very special names.  Thomas - aide to the king, Justin - king of elves, Nathan - chief of voadkin,  KennethOneil - king of dwarves, Lauren - queen of halflings, Ashlyn - Inn keeper who sets action in progress, Corbin - prince of halflings, Addison - maid to the king, and Abbey who is one of the 3 main characters and a huge heroine for the whole story.
     I began writing this story just after Abbey was born.  But it sat unfinished in my computer for a decade.  As more stories come out, more grandchildren will become characters.  Many of these names will probably become more in depth characters in later books  But for now, they can each tell their friends that the book is about them.

No comments:

Post a Comment